Washington State DSHS Social Service Specialist 4 in Everett, Washington
Are you highly motivated and wanting to embark on the next step in your social service career? Children's Administration is seeking a Social Service Supervisor within the Division of the Children and Family Services Office. In this lead role, you function as the first line supervisor of a Child and Family Welfare Service (CFWS) unit of Social Service Specialists.
Some of what you'll be doing:
- Provide guidance, support and structure to Social Service Specialists to ensure all duties are performed with adherence to the tenets and methods to Solution-Based Casework
- Provide all case consultation and oversight consistent with the Solution-Based Casework model
- Ensure that Social Service Specialists document all case activities and information gathered
- Complete all required supervisory documentation within the case file and FamLink electronic record
- Provide direct supervision to a unit of social workers
- Aid the workers in organizing field and office work
- Provide case consultation to aid workers in decision making
- Accept and assign cases
- Perform quality assurance on staff documentation, case management and payment initiation
- Participate in supervisory, administrative and individual meetings and conferences
We're looking for professionals who have successfully demonstrated:
- Two years' experience assessing risk and safety to children and providing direct family-centered practice services (strengthening and preserving family units)
- Appropriately applying child safety and permanency planning social work skills to a variety of complex situations involving child abuse and neglect so that children are protected and achieve a safe permanent living arrangement within federal timelines
- Leadership skills including the ability to identify strengths in others identify solutions to complex problems, motivate peers and clients and clearly articulate logic model used for decisions made
- Ability to make critical decisions, based on integration of information from multiple sources that may be discrepant, in high-stress situations
Who should apply? Professionals with one of the following:
Two years of experience as a Social Service Specialist 3. OR
Four years of experience as a Social Service Specialist 2. OR
A Master's degree in social services, human services, behavioral sciences, or an allied field and four years of paid social service experience. A two year Master's degree in one of the listed fields that included a practicum OR
A Bachelor's degree in social services, human services, behavioral sciences, or an allied field and six years of paid social service experience.
Degrees must be obtained from accredited institutions.
If you have questions email Brian Quinn or call 360-902-8056 and reference 2018-02062.
Come join a new state agency to better serve at-risk children and youth, Department of Children, Youth and Families (DCYF). We're looking for professionals to join our team now, and make a difference in the lives of youth and their families.
Supplemental Information Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history may be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the job. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
Salary: $4,399.00 - $5,770.00 Monthly
Location: Snohomish County – Everett, WA
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Job Number: 2018-02062
Closing: 3/21/2018 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504
Phone: View Posting for Agency Contact