Inova Health Systems SOCIAL WORKER 2 in FAIRFAX, Virginia
Inova VNA Home Health is the leading home care agency in Northern Virginia and brings quality, skilled and coordinated healthcare services directly to you in the comfort of your home. Inova's highly-skilled multidisciplinary team treats patients for all types of illnesses, injuries and conditions. Among our clients are older adults needing personal care assistance, and patients who require nursing care or rehabilitation services. Inova Health System employs more than 16,500 talented individuals who provide exceptional patient care in a practice environment which promotes team work and personal growth. Expectations are high for the individuals we select, but the employment experience offers total compensation providing a competitive salary and a tailored benefits package including a variety of medical and dental plans, paid time off, on-site child care and a broad range of voluntary benefits and work life programs. Whether you seek opportunities in a community setting or an academic medical center, the depth of Inova Health System can allow you to achieve your goals, recognize your contributions and inspire excellent patient care. Inova VNA Home Health is seeking a Social Worker 2
- Ability to assess, diagnose and plan for interventions related to patient and family needs and behaviors.
- Integrates assessment using information related to cultural, clinical, ethnic, age and other factors into plan of care in order to implement transition plans and treatments.
- Acts as active team member in the discharge planning process and primary responsibility for identifying complicating social and financial factors and barriers to appropriate discharge.
- Assures that patient is referred to appropriate social and financial resources post discharge in order to transition patient efficiently and achieve the desired outcome.
- Refers patients/families and care givers to appropriate resources regarding abuse/neglect/domestic violence, alcohol and substance abuse.
- Performs appropriate clinical interventions related to grief counseling, bereavement, adjustment, crisis intervention in order to support the process of transition planning.
- Participates and develops inpatient and community programs that benefit patient, families and staff.
- Implements support groups for specified disease processes to assist community outreach and development. Performs follow up service as needed to measure clinical outcomes.
1 year experience in a clinical setting performing clinical social work or serving as a social work intern 3 years’ experience in a clinical setting performing clinical social work preferred Education: MSW CPR certification required. ACM Certification Preferred Excellent communication, conflict management, organizational and planning skills EEO: M/F/Vets/Disabled
Work Site Address: 9900 MAIN STREET
Work Site City/State: FAIRFAX, VA