HCR ManorCare Medical Social Worker - Hospice in Fairview Heights, Illinois
Heartland Home Health Care and Hospice is part of the HCR ManorCare family, a leading provider of home health care, hospice care, skilled nursing, memory care and post-acute care.
The Medical Social Worker is responsible for providing patients and families psychosocial care regarding economic, social, and emotional needs.
In return for your expertise, you'll enjoy excellent training, industry-leading benefits and unlimited opportunities to learn and grow. Be a part of the team leading the nation in healthcare.
4708 - Heartland Hospice - Serving Fairview Heights, Illinois
Prefer one year experience in a health care setting. 100% travel necessary on a daily basis. Demonstrate problem solving and decision making skills. Demonstrated ability to work will with an interdisciplinary team. Excellent communication skills. Ability to develop and maintain rapport with the client and family.
Job Specific Details:
Responsible to the Director of Professional Services/patient Care Coordinator to provide patients and families
psychosocial care regarding economic, social and emotional needs.
Essential Job Functions
Every effort has been made to make your job description as complete as possible. However, it in no way states or implies
that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not
exclude them from the position if the work is similar or is a logical assignment of the position.
• Assess patient/family factors to estimate capacity to cope with diseases, terminal illness and death.
Communicates with the physician before care, and as needed.
• Directs and supervises Social Worker in care given to patient. Provides supervisory visits, as needed.
• Assesses patients for existing mental disorders, stress, suicide risks.
• Evaluates patient's insurance coverage and pursues options for financial assistance if needed.
• Submits paperwork in a timely manner to update and maintain patient medical records.
• Assists in discharge planning from hospitals to homes.
• Assists in nursing home placement of patients
• Participates in on call social work services.
• Provides counseling to hospice staff.
• Participates in regularly scheduled interdisciplinary team meetings to coordinate the care of the patient and
family, exchange information and problem solve, and receive staff support and inservice information.
• Assesses and evaluates patients level of care needs and caregiver needs for respite care
• Participates in agency quality assessment performance improvement (QAPI) programs.
• Provides community programs concerning hospice and related issues of loss & illness.
• Ensure growth & profitability of the company through the responsible use of company resources and educating
the community to our services.
• Applies the policies & procedures of the agency & the rules & regulations of federal & state regulatory agencies &
other certified agencies in providing care.
• Willingly accepts direction from Director of Professional Services/patient Care Coordinator.
• Developing the plan of care in consultation with the physician and other care team members.
• Meets or exceeds established productivity standards.
• Provides counseling and support to family and patie
Equal Opportunity Employer
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, citizenship or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category.In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a job with HCR ManorCare, please contact 1-800-642-1593 or firstname.lastname@example.org.