The Jewish Board Social Worker in New York, New York
The Social Worker is responsible for supplying necessary clinical intervention within the realm of the program. Provide cultural competent and sensitive services. As part of a therapeutic team within the Agency, work closely with the divisions' medical, psychiatric and psychology staff, to ensure the appropriate treatment interventions for the client.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but not limited to:
* Assessment of risk and discharge status for residents.
* Individual, group and family therapy - in the community as needed.
* Conduct with Transitional Care introductory home visit.
* Case documentation including but not limited to: psychosocial assessments, treatment plans, treatment plan reviews, progress notes, referral summaries and updates, recertification updates and court reports when needed.
* Attend weekly supervision and as needed group supervision
* Attend and participate in weekly treatment conferences.
* Oversee coordination between all disciplines and case coordination.
* Collaborate with previous providers as well as discharge referral providers.
* Collaborate with Office of Mental Health on Length of Stay documentation and expectations.
* Attend daily community meetings in the milieu.
* Participate in Utilization Review quarterly.
Master’s degree in Social Work, (MSW), with a minimum of one year of relevant experience with similar population. LMSW or LCSW certification required.