St. Mary's Good Samaritan Social Worker / Case Manager, PRN - Behavioral Health in St. Charles, Missouri
Fulfill your calling at SSM Health.
At SSM Health we know that being a nurse is more than a career, it is a calling. As an SSM Health nurse, you have responsibility to carry on a ministry our founding Sisters set forth more than 144 years ago by offering hope and healing to our patients and when you join our team, our sacred ministry is in your hands. Each one of us brings a special gift to our Mission, what will yours be?
Employees tell us that the environment at SSM Health St. Joseph Hospital, St. Charles feels more like a family. Employees are warm and friendly, they enjoy each other’s company, they care for one another and they share a passion for delivering exceptional patient care!
Join our exceptional team!
Completes social service assessment upon admission while immediately focusing on discharge planning and follow-up care. Individual, group and family therapy, education, and plan of care will be ongoing throughout the continuum of care. This position participates in a multidisciplinary palliative care team. Completes and updates medical records pertaining to case management and authorizations.
This is a PRN position on the Inpatient Substance Use Disorder unit. The schedule consists of day shifts, every other weekend, depending on census. Evening shifts of 6p to 8-9p could be scheduled as well.
All candidates must be able to attend a week long, day shift orientation for all PRN positions.
- Drives the psychosocial assessment in identified time frame and immediately begins discharge planning upon admission.
- Directs daily individual, group and family therapy according to the unit/program schedule.
- Coordinates discharge planning arrangements to skilled nursing, residential and rehabilitation facilities, while completing all required documentation.
- Updates relevant patient information within medical record on a daily basis to assist treatment team in coordinating care plan.
- Joins with other disciplines, reviews comprehensive patient/ family treatment plan.
- Collaborates with physicians and other health care professional regarding patient plan of care and intermediate care goals within proposed time line.
- Reviews and evaluates discharge planning on all clients while scheduling follow-up appointments.
- Interview patient / family members, obtain a complete initial social history.
- Performs all other duties according to entity policies/procedures as assigned.
Masters Social Work (MSW) or other related field
1 to 3 years of experience.
- LCSW is strongly preferred or provisionally licensed.
Substance Abuse Counselor certification (CSAC) is highly preferred.
Experience facilitating groups for substance abuse disorder.
SSM Health St. Joseph Hospital – St. Charles –
SSM Health St. Joseph Hospital - St. Charles is a 433-bed hospital offering highly-specialized care for critically ill patients. The hospital excels in many areas, including open-heart surgery, cardiac catheterizations, trauma and emergency services, sleep medicine, obstetrics, surgical services, oncology, vascular surgery, orthopedics and gastroenterology.
Our robust employee benefits package includes health benefits, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, long-term disability coverage, health and dependent care reimbursement accounts, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, adoption reimbursement, an employee assistance program, retirement plan options and more.
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings
Organization: SSM Health St. Joseph Hospital – St. Charles
Primary Location: Missouri-St. Charles-SSM Health St. Joseph Hospital – St. Charles
Work Locations: SSM Health St. Joseph Hospital – St. Charles (0002) 300 First Capitol Drive St. Charles, 63301
Job: Professional Services
Req ID: 18001164